Sunday, January 19, 2020

Excellent Adventure

Manhattan Beach ‘20
In 2012 Jeff and I had an excellent adventure.  We rode from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles, to Boston. CrossRoads Cycling Adventures, at that time owned and operated by Tracy Leiner, and manned by a beyond amazing support group, made this trip not only possible, but truly shifted our lives.  I know, dramatic, but...

We’ve always planned on returning to CR to repeat that ride as more seasoned riders, only to have missed the opportunity with Tracy and Co. My search began.

Then there was Mel and Tandems East. Every couple of years, he and his wife Barbara have organized a cycling tour in New Zealand.  I’ve never met Mel in person, but have had plenty of contact with him.  Mel custom designed our current bike. Jeff is a full twelve inches taller than me...think Mutt and Jeff. You always want to answer the personal questions needed to have a proper bike fit.  I’ll just leave that here.

So tonight we fly to Auckland, meet the new crew, and begin our next excellent adventure....


No comments:

Post a Comment