Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ho Ho - oh.

Christmas comes, and under the tree are fun little toys and trinkets...nope.  Once you hit "Submit", Cross Roads releases their first set of "informational blasts" to help you begin the preparation process.  The thing I latch onto immediately is the "Packing List".  So, in the stockings and wrapped under the tree are all sorts of "stuff" that we need, we need to upgrade, or don't know what it's for - but now own.  There are neon yellow jackets, bike shorts that actually having padding, gels and bars, head wraps, and arm coolers, socks, travel size deodorant, lotions and potions, and, and, and...the list goes on.  We're ready!  We're set!  We're good to go!
Except...
We still have to start training.  Submit.

3 comments:

  1. Ahem. There's no rear seat on your tandem. What's up with that?

    I'm a CrossRoads Cycling alumnus. I rode across in 2009 and did the Eastern Shore ride last fall. Since I live two miles from the starting point, I'll be at the Manhattan Beach pier to cheer and see everyone begin their adventure. It's tempting to follow the group up the hill, but that's a slippery slope...when do I turn around?

    I will have to settle for a vacarious thrill following your blog. Someone said, "There's a fine line between being supportive and stalking." I'll try to keep to supportive.

    RSRO (ride safely, ride often),
    Jim Lyle
    XC09, ES11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stalk away. As you well know, Alum Jim, the best way to train is on your own saddle. The bonus is Jeff got me a duplicate, so I can always have my trusty saddle whether in or outdoors...he's so considerate.
      It could also be because it's a pain to keep switching.

      It's a comfort to know that you alums are out and about in the world...just come up one hill, just one. r.

      Delete
    2. Get thee behind me, Satan!

      Can you eat just one potato chip? Just one hill? Sheesh.

      RSRO

      Delete