Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Submit. Sigh. What have I done?
One of the best parts of this adventure has already occurred.  Jeff and I have been together since we were seventeen.  He's the one, who for all these years, starts a sentence with, "Hey, you know what would be fun?"  My response is usually, "No." Really - no.  These are usually events that could produce thrills, adventure, panic, and sometimes, well...  (For those of you who know, two words: Yukon Territory.)  The man then takes me kicking and screaming, quite literally, into these ventures...that I end up loving.

Like in the desert two years ago, when, noonish at the end of a ride, a valley called him...and since I'm clipped in, we both coasted down for twenty minutes, with little water left in our bottles.  I'll spare the details, but we did climb out, find water, and headwinds. (Photo)

He has the utmost faith in me, and I trust him blindly.  We're a pair.

For the first time in our lives, though, I got to be the one who asked, "Hey, you know what'd be fun?"  And then I told him.  And then I got to see his smile.  To date - the best part of this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment