Monday, April 30, 2012

Toss 'em a bone...

Work like a dog:
It's the dead of winter.  Jeff, triathlete, keeps up his winter training, but has now joined my weekend rides. Weekdays, I join him at "the butt crack of dawn", (my kids' expression, and although graphic, makes me laugh and laugh), and add Tracy's riding schedule to my regular workouts.
Dog tired:
By age, by worry, by the way - neither of us is sleeping many hours, and the ones we do either classify as "passed out" or "restless."  We both walk around in a delusion that we thought we were fit people, but then why are we sore? I have a permanent case of "booty lock" (thanks Peg), in my left cheek, (not the smiling one).
Give the dog a bone:
When all starts seeming grim, and perhaps pointless, CR tosses us the bone: duffel bags, and ride shirts.
So, it IS worth it, we ARE doing this, and let's go to bed NOW...it's an early ride day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Robo, Just don't forget, your NH Pack will be howlin' for you and Jeff the whole way! Go tandemgurl go! P-Bob

    ReplyDelete