Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nitty Gritty

While standing in the pet food aisle at our local grocers, I come across Peter.  We start chatting; he was on his way to bike across the entire country.  On his bike. With a group.  I was in awe at the enormity of that task.  Jeff and I had just started tandem biking. (Let's get this over with - I'm not any good at biking on my own, he's bigger and stronger, and we needed some form of cheap date that would give us a break from our four *wonderful* children.)

I ran across Peter again a few years later, same store, different aisle, and he's doing that trip again. Same group.  I vaguely remember the name, but it's clear once I start the research which it is:
http://www.crossroadscycling.com/.  Check out the website.  

It's smart, compact, and inviting.  Do not be fooled...it's like the Rabbit Hole.  Once you enter Wonderland, you too will be invited, amazed and enchanted, and just a little bit terrified.  (Author's Note:  These are all my thoughts, alone.  Jeff is a quiet, sane, private guy...he's so thrilled to be married to me.)  Lastly, Peter passed away a while ago.  Tracy was actually the one who told me.  They were "family".  We've promised more of his local family to have him "with us" on our ride. Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment