Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yookin' Dood!

Yookin' dood...
That's what two year old Ella says, and that's what it felt like today.

I guess it's not uncommon after a tough century, to look at the next day with less than a song in your heart. I think that's how we all feel after a challenge - a bit worse for wear, and needing to reboot.

The amazing thing is the next morning, you just  saddle up, and move out.

When I told Andrea, one of our kids, that we only had 72 miles today - she thought that my perception of distance has been permanently altered. Even more twisted is that today, out of my own mouth came:
"You know, I just love climbing."
What?
irrigation circles

I spent a good part of today with a smile on my face as we passed irrigation systems, countless silos and amber waves of grain.



So I guess we were not only feeling good,,,we were yookin' dood as well

No comments:

Post a Comment