Saturday, June 23, 2012

Misconceptions

real or unreal?
If in a conversation, the topic of New York comes up, I will always respond, "I've never been there." This is my attempt to remind Jeff that I would like to spend a weekend in "New York".

I have had family members and friends who have gone to school in New York.

And of course, I own the entire Sex in the City series, so clearly I KNOW New York.

No I don't.

New York is green grass and pastures.
New York is horses, dairy cows, and even pigs.
New York is grain, corn and grapes.
New York is hills, some rolling...some daunting.

(Today's highlight hill:
J- Okay, ready?
R - Yep.
Then the bottom falls out - literally...we go screaming straight down making the bottom at record speed, just to go straight up.  This was way better than Space Mountain - sorry Disney.)

New York is towns with Farmers Markets, and Saturday church barbeques.
New York is people walking dogs on leashes, breeding dogs, and providing doggy daycare.
New York is evergreen trees.
New York is brick houses, stone houses, farmhouses.
New York is hammocks.
New York is antique shops.
New York is expanses.
And today, New York was 3,000 miles.

I had a misconception of New York, I apologize.  I need to get to know her better.



hills
dells
pines
will cycle for chocolate milk
looks like home
yep...pretty dang happy

No comments:

Post a Comment