Friday, June 29, 2012

My Simple Truths


From sea...
...to shining sea.













We've come to the end of this adventure.
I'd like to thank you for having hung in
and read these.
You have been a lifeline to me.
During the tough bits during the day,
I've thought about you, thinking of words
and events I would say that night.
If beauty or wonder came into my path
during the ride, I'd think about
how nice it would be to share it with you.
To you I complained and celebrated -
thank you for your ear.
This blog will continue even though
this journey has ended.
If you stick with me, I hope to have more adventures with you -
perhaps not as grand, but maybe interesting.

These are my simple truths, that have developed and consolidated as we pedaled...

Cows belong in fields and pastures.
Calves belong with their mothers.
We all need less "stuff" than we think we do.
Attitude is truly everything.
My tan lines will never be even again.
Support locally.
Most people are good.
The rest is as important as the work.
Sunday is a day of rest.
Trains are amazing.
This country is vast and varied.
There's a lot we can do for this country.
Home is where my family and friends are, even if we're miles apart.
We all need each other.
We are all stronger than we think we are.
And love...love and tandems, tandem love...
It takes one pedal stroke at a time to create one mighty ride together.

Pacific man
And finally - I am blessed.
Atlantic man
Ride across country?  Check!

6 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov on an AMAZING accomplishment and a wonderful journey. Yoga on a tandem?
    Sarah's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!! WTG. Thank you for your blog.

    Stay safe,
    Jim
    XC09, ES11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! You really get it! Your world is even richer now and life will never be he same. Yes, we who have experienced this are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! What a great achievement -- I am in awe! Can't wait to see you (will you be in church on Sunday -- or is it a day of resting up?).

    Congratulations!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and welcome home! What a great trip you had. Thanks for sharing your 2-wheeled adventure.

    ReplyDelete